Thursday 3 November 2011

Giant Slippers and broken springs.

'Rain rain go away, come again another day', was being muttered around the house here as it poured for the second weekend in a row. Three rabid monkeys jumped around the house, 3 days of energy stored and waiting to be used. I was sitting at the computer, knitting in one hand and a needle in the other. I was going to sew up my very first slipper, although I had a few doubts about the size i thought it was going to be perfect for mother. WRONG. My slipper didn't even fit on dads foot it was so big, plus i had knitting the squares so long that they had turned into rectangles and so I had a whole rectangle extra which i couldn't really do anything with but use as an ankle strap. Tears welled in my eyes, I had so wanted that slipper to fit perfectly on mom and had spent a lot of time knitting it. So I moped all the way to mom and shoved it in her hands, looking for some sympathy or reassurance but came up with none. Instead she just laughed, I burst into tears which only made her laugh all the more. Why?? She then remarks that it is the best laugh she has had all week. How humiliating.( See picture for details)

Ugly slipper's hugeness 
THE Ugly slipper
Ugly slipper on my foot




Sunday is an overcast yet rain free day. We lounge around waiting for dad to come home because it is hard to go anywhere without a car. Dad is soon home and in the car we go. When we are asked what we would like to do i instantly think of bouncing on a huge trampoline, practicing somesaults and cartwheels. In Korea they have little arcade type areas which have trampolines, a few arcade machines and a baseball area where a basballe is shot out of a machine and you have to try hit it. None of this is free of course or kids would be in there 24/7 but it isn't much to pay for half an hours bounce on one of their 3 trampolines. There are a few Korean kids on the trampolines but as soon as we get on one, they all shoot off and we have a whole trampoling to ourselves. Bounce, bounce, sit, bounce, I could have done that all day. Ruby and River certainly enjoyed it too , they didn't really do much jumping as everytime I tried to go higher than half a meter there legs buckled and they fall an their bums. Priceless. So they sat in the middle while I pulled a few muscles trying to get them higher than a metre of the trampoline. Around 20 minutes into our time, i am trying to beat my ultimate jumping hieght when there is a sudden thud, and I topple down. No one glances at us except for our mom and dad who are sitting on the bench, I panic and look around for the problem. Turns out I had been jumping just a liiitle to hard and 2 of the springs had bounced off. I whistle and turn away, hoping no one has noticed

No comments :

Post a Comment